Green Love Pinki

COME! COME TO THE DARK SIDE.... sorry it is PINK :-)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Would you pay SGD $14 for Indian Curry?

That is what I paid for lunch with dad today. SGD $14 buys me
- 2 curry chicken drum stick
- 1 tiny plate of sotong curry
- 1 tiny plate of bean sprout stir fry
- 2 plates of steam rice

All this gourmet food at a NO AIR-CON coffee shop on the corner of Jalan Tua Kong and Upper East Coast Road. I nearly fell off my chair when the Indian stall keeper declared $14. Am I so far off on estimating Indian food prices? Or is THAT Indian stall so good? I think the answer is NO on both counts. Parking in Siglap area adds another 50 cents. SIGH. (Yeah! I am so NGEOW! BUAH HA HA HA!!!) However, I shall do some fact finding and prices comparison to find out. Stay tuned......

Further to that, Bak Kut Teh dinner for 3 was SGD $34.50 including drinks at Ah Hua's along Havelock Road within the Isetan building in Bukei Ho Swee. However, I like the non Bak Kut Teh items in there and the prices have always been high. On top of that, we sat directly under the AIR-CON. Parking is free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home